I think that after almost two years of dating the boyf (we use the term ‘dating’ relatively loosely around these parts considering that we really only see each other four times a year), a year and a half of serious consideration, six months of actual planning, and a month of mulling over this blog idea, I am still not ready for my impending move from Beauport to Big Sky. I shouldn’t say ‘impending’ because it is usually followed by ‘doom’ and this trip isn’t connected to doom at all. The boyf and I are hopeful. Scared, generally over-worked, and considered naïve by many of the people around us, but we’re hopeful. That’s how we’ve always been with our relationship.
The boyf – M, if you will – blew into my life in June of 2010. I wasn’t expecting him. He certainly wasn’t expecting me. But we found each other one rainy Saturday night and something sparked. Our story is cute and gets lots of ‘awws’ but I need to store up ideas for future posts, so it’ll have to wait. We spent the summer being hopeful. In September, I got to experience Big Sky country for the first time. It shook me – scary, deep, I’m-not-ready-for-this shook me. (M shook me too…in the same way.) But we stayed hopeful. The back and forth continued for almost two years. Big Sky grew on me with each visit. M grew on me even more. He’s kinda great like that.
So after a lot of talking and thinking on our own, with each other, with other people, out loud, in journals, in person, on skype, we set a date. Our relationship, our lives are moving in a new direction. We’re cruising towards July 4th. K&M’s own independence day. There is so very much to do before then, and even more to look forward to after. Let the journey begin…as always, with hope.